Tuesday 29 May 2012

22/05/12


Time to leave Cairns behind today.
The destination was Port Douglas but I stopped at Trinity Beach on the way up, just to see what it was like, but evidently it was just another beach...
The road to Port Douglas goes right along the coastline which is nice but the water looks brown. I'm not sure whether that's because of the cyclone that came through or whether that's just how it is up here?
Not a bad little view...

I met up with Eva at a backpackers at Port Douglas and we went for a walk down the main street and to the beach.
Before I go on, I must correct my previous post which said Eva was from Belgium, she is in fact from Germany...and she reads my blog so I have to be careful as to what I say about her! :)
She didn't want to spend any more time in Port Douglas so we drove on to Mossman for the night.
I had to teach her in the stealthy art of free camping which I've honed to a fine art since taking off in January. So we made our plans for the spot to park in for the night and to do and what not to do. I.e. Lights on after dark are a no-no as is the slamming of car doors. Eva had never free camped and thought it was all a delightfully fun adventure!
So anyways, to kill some time before bed we went to the Mossman Bowls Club which was another eye-opener for Eva.
She marvelled at the "signing in" process, the dress code (sleeved shirt required so I had to borrow one - oops) and the lovely interior decor of the place which looked like something straight from 70's or 80's as any self-respecting Bowls Club should look like!

This was the sexy shirt I was given at the door. It smelt as good as it looked, ladies ;)
Steve from Wagga & Eva from Germany


No comments:

Post a Comment